Thursday 2 January 2014

New start, new blog.

Well, a new year is always a good time to start new projects and so I have decided to start a new blog.
This one will be dedicated to my Pyrography work and will provide a 'behind the scenes' insight into 
Wylde Embers.

It has been a year since I took up the craft of Pyrography which is the art of burning images on wood or leather.
One of my first burnings on paper. Jan 2013
I received a Antix Pyromaster tool for Christmas 2012 and since then I have burned designs on over 20 boxes, 18 keyrings and other items such as bread boards.
I have a interested in nature and my pyrography shows this, with animals being my main subject for my art.

The first 3 boxes I decorated. Feb 2013

During 2013 I took part in my first craft fair showcasing my pyrography and received very positive feedback from visitors and buyers. I also started taking commissions for boxes and pendants from people visiting my facebook page.
Behind my stall at the Rochester Faerie Event May 2013.

I invested in a Pete Childs pyrography tool and it has meant more finer and detail to my work.

As we start 2014, I have big plans for Wylde Embers. I have more craft fairs lined up and more ideas for products and images to burn.

Please visit my website to see more of my work www.wyldeembers.wix.com/WyldeEmbers
And on my facebook page. www.facebook.com/WyldeEmbers.


2 comments:

  1. I've just got a Peter Child's pyrography machine too!! woohoo!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with it. It is a great piece of kit. :)

      Delete